When Christopher Cooke Photography started in 2004 I honestly didn't know which direction I was going to take as a photographer. In the 15 plus years since I started, weddings and portrait photography have become my specialty and main focus. Photographing people in relationships, milestones in their lives, and doing what they love is what I thrive on. It can be a 10 person elopement in Napa Valley, a destination wedding overlooking Lake Tahoe, or Senior Portraits close to home, working with my clients to capture their important moments is what I thrive on.
Not Just People:
There are times where people aren't my subject but I am photographing what people have made. Photographing food and cars are projects I really enjoy and use to stretch my creative muscles. Combining my love of good food, fast cars and photography is the icing on the cake of this amazing career.
Photography is my job, it helps pay the bills but it is also the way I do my best to give back to the community. Offering discounted or free photos to schools or organizations that I believe is one of the greatest joys I have as a photographer. In recent years my photo booths have become regular fixtures at community events like crab feeds and school auctions.
I also volunteer my time as the press photographer for the Suisun City Fire Department. #photo47
A Little Bit More:
1. I have been married for 16 years and have 2 sons.
2. If I had to pick teams to root for they would be the A's, Cub's and Sharks
3. Cupcakes are my weakness
4. I have seen every episode of FRIENDS more than a dozen times
5. Disneyland is a very special place for me and my family
6. All the people I hang out with on a regular basis I met through photography
7. I hate snakes. Don't even play.
8. I love cars. Especially Ferrari's
9. I wanted to be an architect when I was a kid. I love using architecture in my photography.
10. My iTunes library is extremely diverse. Johnny Cash, Motorhead, Babyface, Andrea Bocelli, Biggie, Queen, The Cure and all the points in between. My playlists have multiple personalities.
Bonus #11. Die hard IS a Christmas Movie!
Among a number of smaller accolades I have won several contests and awards for my photography including:
2010 SanDisk Extreme Team Winner - Wedding Category
2017 KCRA A-List "Best Wedding Photographer in Sacramento"