While I was very into photography as a teenager and claimed my dream job was to be a "Baseball Card Photographer" in my childhood, I never really thought I would be a photographer of any sort for my career.
My first wedding was in 1997 when I did a favor for some friends and got pictures of their reception after the hired photographer left. This lead to a few jobs photographing weddings for friend's parents getting remarried. After some of those and being in my late teens and early 20's I really didn't have the right mindset to really pursue photography as a job much less a career.
In 2004 when I got married, my bride and I hired a very expereinced photo-journalist to photograph our wedding. Andy Park (who sadly has past away) not only gave us wonderful memories from our big day but, helped me tremendously in the start of this "experiement" that would become Christopher Cooke Photography.
Late that same year, my mentor referred my very first paid wedding to me and on April 16, 2005 I became a professional wedding photographer.
Since that spring day 14 years ago I have photographed over 350 weddings (I figured 350 was a good number to stop counting at), traveled to 11 different states for weddings, met people from all walks of life and continue to photograph their life events years after their wedding. I have experienced the most amazing weddings, fun parties, emotional ceremonies, gorgeous locations and this one time I got to do a bride and groom photo shoot in Wrigley Field! I have learned about different cultures and their traditions and customs. Then on top of all that I get to work with some of the most talented vendors in the industry. I'm not going to say "I love love" or "Im passionate about photography" but I love what I do, who I get to work with and where I get to go. I love being able to be creative every week and most of all....I LOVE wedding cake!
1. I have been married for almost 15 years and have 2 sons.
2. If I had to pick teams to root for they would be the A's, Cub's and Sharks
3. Cupcakes are my weakness
4. I have seen every episode of FRIENDS more than a dozen times
5. Disneyland is a very special place for me and my family
6. All the people I hang out with on a regular basis I met through photography
7. I hate snakes. Don't even play.
8. I love cars. Especially Ferrari's
9. I wanted to be an architect when I was a kid. I love using architecture in my photography.
10. My iTunes library is extremely diverese. Johnny Cash, Motorhead, Babyface, Andrea Bocelli, Biggie, Queen, The Cure and all the points in between. My playlists have multiple personalities.